Game Developer Magazine is a prominent periodical for game industry folk to read up on their craft. For those who don't work in games, it can be a little dry, but every year they release a Game Career Guide devoted to welcoming other people into their world. Best of all, it's free! You can view the newest issue just released here in your browser, or download the PDF version.
Game Developer always has snazzy graphic design—this issue is no exception. Behind the pretty face is a wealth of useful information including, but not limited to:
- Tutorials on Unity3D, pathfinding, pixel art, and pitching games to publishers.
- Lists of game conferences to help educate yourself, game design competitions to enter your games for judgement, and colleges and universities in the US and abroad offering game-related programs, from Associate's degrees to doctorates.
- An in-depth look at the team and development process behind Octodad, the IGF 2010 winner produced by students at DePaul University.
If you're at all interested in making a game, even if you don't see yourself becoming an industry man, go download this magazine. It's accessible, useful, and most importantly—free.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades